NOMNiels Robin-Aubertin — engineer in computer science
DESCRIPTIONThis CV is presented as a man page. You can find the printable version in pdf here (or in french here). I'm an engineer in computer science passionate about linux, decentralization and minimalism.
Last update: 2020-02-10
SYNOPSISniels [--devops] [--web]
OPTIONS--devops Work experience in configuration, security and maintenance of multiple linux distributions:
- Debian, Ubuntu
I'm capable of handling cluster of servers with Ansible and Terraform, to deploy container-based applications with Docker and handle network access via Nginx, Traefik, Fail2ban. I know how to administer MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite, PostgreSQL and optimize them for different workloads. --web I'm a fullstack dev.
PHP is my main backend language. I'm actively following the evolutions of the language and the ecosystem.
I worked with Angular and React on the frontend.
EXPERIENCES<Nov. 2018 - June 2019> Devops at Lydia-app.
- Optimization of the MariaDB database's requests
- Replication with data anonymization from the operational cloud to GCP
- Set up of a dev and test environment for the backend devs via Docker/Python
- Access control and disposal of GCP's resources for the data-scientists
- Automated creation of test instances for the continuous deployment of the backend via Ansible
- Parallelization of the test suite leading to a 95% reduction of its duration
- Deployment of wordpress server with vsftpd and phpmyadmin
Jenkins<Oct. 2016 - April. 2018> Lead Developer full-stack and System administrator at Ommi.
- Development of the frontend via Angular and of the REST API with Symfony
- Deployment of the services and administration of the Ubuntu servers
- Migration of the previous VM architecture to Docker in production leading to a cost reduction of 50%
PROJECTSAll my projects can be found here. Dockerfiles I'm maintaining a collection of docker images that have as goal to be simple to use, lightweight and secure by default. Zusam Zusam is a free and open-source way to self-host private forums for groups of friends. Composed of a server written in PHP exposing a REST API and a webapp, its goal is to be stable, extensible, lightweight and user-friendly. sc2.n1.gg Aggregation and statistics about starcraft 2 pros match results.
Backend+API in Symfony 4 and PostgreSQL. Chess I've created an AI playing chess.
The AI is made in C and explores the game tree using negamax coupled with MTD-f and a Zobrist transposition table.
I implemented a lightweight multithreading for the process of depth 0 nodes. elzire.fr I created the website for a friend that makes original wedding and baptism invitations.
The website is made with Symfony and act as a lightweight CRM.